Tomorrow is Giving Tuesday, a day that has come to symbolize generosity and the pay-it-forward attitude of individuals who want to help others succeed.
Our goal here at The Karnes Center is to provide each of the students who attend our programs with the encouragement to discover their purpose and the inspiration to make their dreams come true. We welcome gifted and 2E students from around the country to attend online and in-person programs. Updates to our program lineup for 2021 will be announced in mid -January.
Our students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures. During the past summer more than 50% of our attendees were awarded partial or full scholarships through the generosity of donors just like you. If you would like to encourage a child to pursue their best future, please consider giving a gift to The Karnes Center this season.
Here are some of the things that your donation can provide*:
- $2 pays for an individual hand sanitizer bottle for one student.
- $5 pays for a lost dorm key
- $20 pays for shipping materials for an online course to one local student.
- $25 pays for three student meals.
- $30 pays for one registration fee.
- $40 pays for shipping materials for one online course to one student outside of our state.
- $60 pays for a dorm room for one night.
- $150 pays for the materials one student will use during a one-week class.
- $200 pays for one young student (PreK – 3rd grade) to attend the Day Program for Young Gifted Children.
- $500 pays for a Chromebook and all of the software that students use while they are participating in our programs.
- $675 pays for one middle or high school student to attend one-week of Leadership Studies.
- $ 1000 pays for one middle or high school student to attend a week of accelerated academic courses.
- $1500 pays for bus services for field trips to local businesses and cultural activities for an entire class.
- $3000 covers a three-week intensive program for one high-school student.
*Amounts may vary depending on the topics taught in each course. Amounts provided are a average estimate based on the past several years.
These are only a handful of things that we need to make a child’s experience one they will never forget. Salaries and wages for Curriculum Developers, Teachers, Counselors and other workers are not included in these estimates: they need your love too.
All that we give to children comes back to us when we turn the world over to them. Thank you so much for all that you do to support the young people in your life.
Happy Holidays from all of us at the Karnes Center!